- Wildlife Conservation & Management
- Marine Conservation
- Wildlife Care & Rehabilitation
- Wildlife Veterinary Experience
- Community Projects
- Wildlife Courses
- Group Placements
- All Projects
- Who Volunteers?
- Essential Details
- News & Events
- About Us
- Apply to Join
Join the ACE Team
ACE are recruiting in California
With our wonderful colleague Meredith leaving us to be a full time mum, we are looking for a new team member.
International Sales and Marketing Assistant
Are you a graduate with some working experience, preferably in a sales role in the conservation or travel fields? Are you looking for a dynamic sales and marketing position where you can combine learning new business skills with a passion for wildlife? If so, then we could be looking for you.
We are looking for a proactive and independent individual to fill the role of International Sales and Marketing Assistant to help recruit volunteers from diverse target markets in the Americas. This role will allow you to interact with people from all backgrounds and use your passion for Africa and conservation to help recruit international conservation volunteers. Working closely with our UK-based Marketing Manager, you will assist in implementing marketing strategies in the US. The role might involve flexible hours and regional travelling.
You will be:
- Speaking over the phone to potential volunteers about our conservation projects and how to get involved
- Giving talks to potential volunteers at schools, universities and other groups and organising and participating in gap year fairs and exhibitions
- Following up leads, answering inquiries by email and phone and providing excellent customer service
- Liaising with colleges and universities and our SA Operations Manager to provide group trips and develop itineraries
- Using your own initiative to create marketing material and seek out contacts
- Working with our web-based management system to schedule volunteers’ placements
- Responsible for general office work, such as record keeping, administration and ensuring emails are dealt with, even when out of the office
You must have access to your own car in order to travel to regional events
You must be:
- Passionate about wildlife, conservation and travel
- Qualified with an undergraduate degree, preferably in wildlife management, zoology, conservation biology or similar
- Able to be based in our new office in the Berkeley area, although you might work from home for an interval
- Experienced in providing excellent customer service with high levels of personal support
- Able to travel to venues around the US, at times for extended periods and during unsociable hours
- Confident in public speaking to a range of audiences
- Capable of talking to people from a range of countries and cultures
- Confident in networking and developing relationships with key contacts
- Competent with basic software packages
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a small dedicated team
The role may require some evening and weekend work, as well as overnight stays.
- Experienced in sales and / or marketing role in the travel or conservation fields
- Knowledgeable about South Africa / previous travel experience in southern Africa
Starting salary US$ 32,000 pa plus some benefits after probation period
Please apply by emailing a current resume and a letter of motivation (please highlight your skills by providing evidence for them in the form of descriptions or examples) to Ellen Sziede at Ellen@ConservationAfrica.net
Application Deadline: Sunday 9th March
For informal enquiries regarding the role please contact Ellen Sziede or Alexia Massey on +44 (0)1454 269182.