- Wildlife Conservation & Management
- Marine Conservation
- Wildlife Care & Rehabilitation
- Wildlife Veterinary Experience
- Community Projects
- Wildlife Courses
- Group Placements
- All Projects
- Who Volunteers?
- Essential Details
- News & Events
- About Us
- Apply to Join
Join the ACE Team
ACE are recruiting in the US!
We are looking to expand our team in California and are looking for a new team members:
Office Administrator (part time)
$16,000+ salary commensurate with experience and benefits, preferably five mornings per week.
Are you an experienced office administrator, passionate about conservation and travel? Are you looking to join a global team in an exciting new phase of expansion and help set up the first US ACE office?
African Conservation Experience is the original and most experienced company to organise volunteer placements on wildlife conservation projects in southern Africa. We are looking for a proactive and experienced individual to fill the role of Office Administrator to support the recruitment of conservation volunteers from the Americas. This is a part time role, working closely with the International Sales and Marketing Assistant based from the same US office, with direct support from the UK Manager.
Responsible for all administrative duties of the US office and logistics of volunteer placements.
You will have a key responsibility for the initial set-up of our US office, assisting with tasks such as sourcing premises and office supplies and setting up computer networks and communications.
- Managing office administration, payroll, banking, printing and re-ordering of stock, invoicing, filing, data entry and organising mail.
- Responsible for creating and sending out information packs to volunteers including all travel documents, confirmations and fund raising packs.
- Responsible for liaising with travel agents to book flights and insurance for volunteers
- Liaising directly with volunteers globally for travel information and assisting with travel procedures.
- Maintaining and working effectively from our online business management system.
- Liaising with, and building partnerships with travel agents and insurance companies.
- Liaising with projects in southern Africa to send them volunteer information
- Liaising with SA Manager regarding volunteer movements and changes to itineraries.
- Overseeing payments, sending reminders and invoices.
- Responsible for office maintenance, equipment and operations including business insurance.
- Carry out other duties as required to support a small, dedicated team.
- Highly experienced in office administration, preferably in a key responsible role.
- Good knowledge of IT packages and ability to learn online business management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with many volunteers who do not speak strong English. Comfortable with tele-communications via skype.
- Ability to work with volunteers and staff from a range of backgrounds and cultures, with awareness of time zones.
- Very organised, self motivated and methodical individual is sought in this role, who can remain calm and use initiative.
- Willing to work on their own at times, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to be based in our new office in Oakland / Walnut Creek area
- Interest in conservation and wildlife an advantage
- Experience in the travel industry
- Previous travel experience in southern Africa
Please apply by sending a current resume and a letter of motivation (please highlight your skills by providing evidence for them in the form of descriptions or examples) by email to Pamela Savage at: Info@ConservationAfrica.net
Application Deadline: Monday 14th October For informal enquiries regarding the role please contact Pamela Savage or Alexia Massey on +44 (0)1454 269182.