- Wildlife Conservation & Management
- Marine Conservation
- Wildlife Care & Rehabilitation
- Wildlife Veterinary Experience
- Community Projects
- Wildlife Courses
- Group Placements
- All Projects
- Who Volunteers?
- Essential Details
- News & Events
- About Us
- Apply to Join
Frequently Asked Questions
About your placement
- Do I need to be a student?
- No, we sometimes refer to our volunteers as students because when you are on placement you will be a “student of conservation”.
- What is the age range?
- Our volunteers are aged from 17 to 70 something! You can find out more in our Who Volunteers section.
- Can people from outside the UK join?
- Yes - we accept volunteers from all over the world. You can either arrange your own flights direct from your home country, or you can fly to London to meet up with our flights. If you choose to arrange your own flight, we can deduct £500 from the placement cost.
- What are the dates?
- Most projects run throughout the year and do not have set start dates, so it's pretty flexible. The start dates for the courses (Game Ranger and Tracking Courses) can be found in the downloadable PDFs on each course page.
- How long can I go for?
- Anything between 2 and 12 weeks.
Choosing your project
- What is the accommodation like?
- The accommodation varies from project to project, but is usually shared twin rooms with separate shared ablutions and a living/eating area. There is always an outside space where you can sit by the fire under the stars!
- Can the projects cater for vegetarians?
- Yes of course - we can cater for most special dietary requirements. Please let us know in your application form.
- Does it matter where I live to apply?
- No, we take volunteers from all over the world and provide a strong support structure for you, no matter where you live.
- Can I book the placement without flights?
- Yes, that is no problem, We can arrange any of our projects with or without flights from London, UK. We will reduce the cost of your placement accordingly.
Safety in southern Africa
- What injections do I need?
- As we are not medically qualified to give medical advice, please contact your GP or MASTA (Medical Advisory Service for Traveller Abroad). You may be recommended to have a rabies injection, which is optional. Questions about vaccines and preparations for your trip are also answered in our safety in Africa section.
- Can I go with a friend?
- Of course - you can be placed together on the projects and will also be able to fly out together. But you'll meet some great people out there, so we also ask that you make sure you are part of the group too while at the project.
Click here to download a copy of our brochure in PDF format or to request a printed copy to be sent to you in the post
Click here to sign up to "Bushwire" - Our low volume and incredibly informative newsletter from the African bush. All you need is a working email account!