- Wildlife Conservation & Management
- Marine Conservation
- Wildlife Care & Rehabilitation
- Wildlife Veterinary Experience
- Community Projects
- Wildlife Courses
- Group Placements
- All Projects
- Who Volunteers?
- Essential Details
- News & Events
- About Us
- Apply to Join
Wildlife Tracking and Game Ranger courses are a great introduction for anyone with a serious interest in African wildlife, ranger skills and reserve management. They can be a fantastic addition to an extended placement, giving you a solid foundation and deeper understanding of the conservation issues in southern Africa.
- Learn animal identification from FGASA qualified rangers
- Study African habitats and ecosystems
- Gain practical skills like safe handling of firearms
- Challenge yourself to tough trekking and rough camps on the Wildlife Tracking Course
African Conservation Experiencealso offer more specialised courses, including the African Predator Course, give a focussed approach to the management of specific species, their development in captive populations, care, husbandry and breeding.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the management of captive predator populations. Explore cheetah and lion conservation through captive breeding programmes.
- Receive instruction from wildlife specialists and detailed course booklets.
The Game Ranger Guide Course gives you a thorough introduction to the wildlife and habitats of South Africa and Botswana.
Learn advanced tracking skills and interpret animal behaviour while following wildlife through the wilderness of Botswana’s Tuli Block. This is a tough and adventurous experience.
Click here to sign up to "Bushwire" - Our low volume and incredibly informative newsletter from the African bush. All you need is a working email account!
Click here to download a copy of our brochure in PDF format or to request a printed copy to be sent to you in the post
- animal care
- park management
- game drives
- wildlife research
- veterinary work
- game capture
- wildlife rehabilitation
- wildlife capture
- wildlife care
- volunteer diaries
- south africa
- bush walks
- gap year
- study trips