- Wildlife Conservation & Management
- Marine Conservation
- Wildlife Care & Rehabilitation
- Wildlife Veterinary Experience
- Wildlife Courses
- Group Placements
- All Projects
- Who Volunteers?
- Essential Details
- News & Events
- About Us
- Apply to Join
Wildlife Tracking and Game Ranger courses are a great introduction for anyone with a serious interest in African wildlife, ranger skills and reserve management. They can be a fantastic addition to an extended placement, giving you a solid foundation and deeper understanding of the conservation issues in southern Africa.
- Learn animal identification from FGASA qualified rangers
- Study African habitats and ecosystems
- Gain practical skills like safe handling of firearms
- Challenge yourself to tough trekking and rough camps on the Wildlife Tracking Course
African Conservation Experiencealso offer more specialised courses, including the African Predator Course, give a focussed approach to the management of specific species, their development in captive populations, care, husbandry and breeding.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the management of captive predator populations. Explore cheetah and lion conservation through captive breeding programmes.
- Receive instruction from wildlife specialists and detailed course booklets.
The Game Ranger Guide Course gives you a thorough introduction to the wildlife and habitats of South Africa and Botswana.
Click here to sign up to "Bushwire" - Our low volume and incredibly informative newsletter from the African bush. All you need is a working email account!
Click here to download a copy of our brochure in PDF format or to request a printed copy to be sent to you in the post
- volunteer diaries
- park management
- game drives
- animal care
- bush walks
- study trips
- wildlife capture
- south africa
- wildlife rehabilitation
- gap year
- game capture
- wildlife research
- veterinary work
- wildlife care