AFRICAN CONSERVATION EXPERIENCE’S VISION, MISSION AND GOALS
Help sustain our natural world by supporting ethical and ecologically important initiatives through wildlife conservation travel experiences.
Inspire, challenge and empower people to make a difference to wildlife conservation through an active experience with genuine conservation projects and wildlife professionals.
Our vision and mission statements are translated into our operating principles through our ethos of “Fair Travel, Fair Work, Fair Play!” We believe that it’s possible to do business in a way that is fair and positive for all involved. We ensure that our partner projects, our conservation travellers and the communities and ecosystems in which we operate benefit from the conservation placements, while we maintain a supportive, fun, close-knit culture within African Conservation Experience itself!
Here are some examples of how African Conservation Experience puts this ethos into practice:
- We ensure a safe journey for our travellers, by using reputable airlines and transport providers, and meeting everybody in person on arrival in Johannesburg.
- We generate income for the local economy by not operating our own fleet of vehicles but hiring self-employed drivers, who in turn hire vehicles.
- We understand that travel plans can change. Many volunteers book their placement a year in advance, and life has a habit of getting in the way. If something happens to prevent you from travelling when you had planned, we’ll work with you to make a new plan.
- One of the most important criteria for choosing our partner conservation projects is that they contribute to valid conservation work.
- We ensure that there is meaningful and rewarding work for you at each project.
- We support you throughout your placement – not only in an emergency.
- We facilitate the career of future South African conservationists by regularly offering fully-paid “supported placements” to deserving South African students of nature conservation
- It’s important to us that your placement is not only worthwhile but also enjoyable! There will be opportunities for fun, relaxation and socialising.
- We provide good value: 91% of our past travellers have rated their placement as “good” or “excellent”.
- Our team enjoys some great perks, like flexitime, bringing dogs to work and (occasionally) travelling out to Africa!