- Wildlife Conservation & Management
- Marine Conservation
- Wildlife Care & Rehabilitation
- Wildlife Veterinary Experience
- Wildlife Courses
- All Projects
- Who Volunteers?
- Essential Details
- News & Events
- About Us
- Apply to Join
Wildlife Tracking and Game Ranger courses are a great introduction for anyone with a serious interest in African wildlife, ranger skills and reserve management. They can be a fantastic addition to an extended placement, giving you a solid foundation and deeper understanding of the conservation issues in southern Africa.
- Learn animal identification from FGASA qualified rangers
- Study African habitats and ecosystems
- Gain practical skills like safe handling of firearms
- Challenge yourself to tough trekking and rough camps on the Wildlife Tracking Course
African Conservation Experiencealso offer more specialised courses, including the African Predator Course, give a focussed approach to the management of specific species, their development in captive populations, care, husbandry and breeding.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the management of captive predator populations. Explore cheetah and lion conservation through captive breeding programmes.
- Receive instruction from wildlife specialists and detailed course booklets.
The Game Ranger Guide Course gives you a thorough introduction to the wildlife and habitats of South Africa and Botswana.
Directed and tutored by wildlife veterinarians, breeders and predator specialists, the 10 day Predator Course covers the management of captive cheetah and lion populations and other smaller predators.
Click here to sign up to "Bushwire" - Our low volume and incredibly informative newsletter from the African bush. All you need is a working email account!
Click here to download a copy of our brochure in PDF format or to request a printed copy to be sent to you in the post
- gap year
- game drives
- wildlife capture
- wildlife rehabilitation
- veterinary work
- game capture
- wildlife research
- study trips
- volunteer diaries
- bush walks
- park management
- south africa
- animal care
- wildlife care