African Conservation Experience work with a number of wildlife vets in South Africa, offering volunteers on the Shimongwe Wildlife Veterinary Experience and the African Wildlife Vets & Capture Experience the opportunity to participate in some of the following:
- Gain veterinary work experience
- Assist with wildlife veterinary cases, from disease testing to darting and capture
- Learn about drugs and treatment methods used in Africa
- Discover conservation medicine and the impact of veterinary research and development in local African communities
The African Predator Course also offers a unique 12 day intensive study in the management of predator populations, including lion, cheetah and smaller predators. This course is tutored by a wildlife veterinarian and a lion ecologist in South Africa and covers the following topics:
- Veterinary care for predators
- Parasites, diseases and vaccinations
- Release and rehabilitation of predators
- Predators in the ecosystem
Shimongwe Wildlife Veterinary Experience
On the Wildlife Veterinary Experience you will work alongside experienced wildlife vets in South Africa, accompanying them on all wildlife cases. You’ll learn first hand and up close about wildlife veterinary procedures, disease prevention and the role of vets in conservation.
African Wildlife Vets & Capture Experience
You will team up with a wildlife vet who works in partnership with a professional wildlife capture team and learn about the processes of chemical capture and immobilisation and relocation. Be prepared to get stuck in with some extremely fast paced work!
African Conservation Experience
+44 1454 269 182
Get important updates from ACE and be part of a special community helping to conserve South Africa's magnificent wildlife.
This Site ©African Conservation Experience - All Rights Reserved