Win A One-Week Trip To The World's Largest Rhino Sanctuary In South Africa!
To celebrate and help spread awareness of #WorldRhinoDay on 22nd September, we’re offering you a chance to win a week as a wildlife conservation volunteer working at the world's largest rhino sanctuary in South Africa!
One lucky winner will receive a one-week placement on our Care for Wild Africa project! Included in this prize is your accommodation, all meals, airport transfers and 24/7 in-country support. All you need to do is get yourself to Johannesburg, South Africa and pick up some travel insurance!
South Africa is home to the world’s largest population of rhinos which is also bearing the brunt of illegal poaching activities. With three rhinos lost in South Africa to illegal poaching activities every day – the race is truly on to save these incredible wild animals.
Founded by Petronel Nieuwoudt in 2001, Care for Wild Africa is the largest rhino orphanage and sanctuary in the world, specialising in the care and rehabilitation of infant rhinos that have been orphaned by poaching of their mothers. Care for Wild takes in the young rhinos and provides them with medical treatment and daily care until eventually releasing them back out into the African bush.
Your time at Care for Wild Africa
As a volunteer, you will assist with the daily care of the rhinos and will support the team with the important work that they do. Your time at Care for Wild Africa will be physically demanding due to the reliant nature of young rhinos and the mountainous terrain where the project is located, but it is fantastic if you are hoping to get stuck into animal care work and make a difference! The project minimises the level of contact between humans and the rhinos in order to increase their chances of a successful release in the future. Therefore the level of hands-on contact with the rhinos is kept to a minimum where possible, especially with the older rhinos, but the young rhinos will still rely on you for bottle feeding.
How do I enter?
You can enter on either Facebook or Instagram, or, to double your chances, you can enter on both!
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
- Follow Care for Wild Africa on Facebook or Instagram.
- Like the competition video post on either platform and tag 3 friends in the comments.
You can find the special competition posts here:
- You must be at least 18 years old before the departure of your trip, if you were to win, to qualify for entry to the promotion (please note the trip must be completed before 31/12/2020).
- Competition entries must be made before midnight UK time on Monday 21st October 2019.
- The winner will be contacted through social media within one week of the closing date.
- You should read the full promotion terms and conditions here.
If a one week stay at Care for Wild Africa is just not enough for you, you can always extend your stay (normal rates apply) or combine the project with one of our other conservation volunteering projects or your own travel plans.